Sunday, September 12, 2004

I was watching the movie "The Replacements" and in it an African-American football player calls his teammate "Chinese". The teammate replies "I'm from Japan not China" & the other guy says "So? it's the same difference". The Japanese guy asks the first guy "You do know that Japan & China are two different countries, right?". Another is a comment I remember Tazz, a former WWE wrestler now commentator saying in a Smackdown show about some foriegn wrestler (I don't know which two countries he was confused about) but he also said the same thing "it's the same difference"!


What I deciphered from these is that, generally, Americans don't care about the rest of the world. Wait a second, I already knew that. But it's little comments like this that make it so obvious. I mean the nerve of those ignorant idiots! I think the world loves American movies, books, arts, music, sports - but Americans don't care about the rest of the world. The general public will say - "oh our armies created peace in so & so..." bullshit!!


Babe of the week - JESSICA PARE




Song for the day - "West Of Crazy" - Lisa Brokop

1 Comments:

At 8:23 pm, Blogger Manoj said...

Roshan,

Far be it for me to correct you on this, but I think that you may want to rethink what you have written here. Ignorance is not a trait that can be affiliated to a country. You have shown ignorance here by writing those comments - does that mean that all Indians are ignorant?

You have taken a line from a movie (where dialogue is written for a specific purpose), and the comments of a WWE commentator - that is your demographic? A line from a movie, and the comments of a WWE (former) wrestler, and suddenly you know exactly what the American people think? Come on little brother, please do not tell me that you are that narrow minded.

This country has a large, diverse and multi cultural population. Within that population, there are ignorant people, there are also arrogant people - but there are also good, kind, hardworking people. I guess you will not realise that until you actually live over here, and interact with such people. Before you start saying things like this Roshan, take a look around you. No matter how beautiful Kerala looks, it has a lot of negatives too. Corruption plays a pretty important part in that - is that a true representation of India as a whole?

You mentioned "our armies...."
I guess that is a reference to the war in Iraq - did you intentionally neglect the numerous rallies and protests that were conducted here by the same American people, protesting the war? It's all fair and good to have a point of view Roshan, but you have to remove the bias that is present in your rhetoric - it just isn't right. The world isn't as black and white as you make it out to be - it's all shades of gray.

Anyway, out of all the posts that you have made here, this was the only one that I felt someone should really comment on. You are family, and I guess you and I haven't really spoken for a while. However, after having said that, I would have expected a more balanced opinion from you.

Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home